Through decades of improvements, AR-15 has now become an efficient weapon and the same has been acknowledged by many gun enthusiasts. Due to its ease of construction and availability, a question lingers in people’s minds,’ Whether we should build it ourselves or buy a new one?’
So, in this article, we will provide you with a complete guide which will help you decide, whether to buy or build an AR-15 rifle.
But first, let’s get to know some basics about AR-15 rifles. So let’s get started.
What are AR-15 rifles?
These are lightweight semi-automatic rifles, designed to shoot high velocity and small-caliber cartridges, allowing infantrymen to carry more ammunition. AR-15 rifles are known for serving several purposes like hunting, target practicing and are used in shooting competitions like the Olympics. These rifles are not considered much for home protection because these are long-distance rifles.
- These rifles were developed for the first time in 1950 by a gun-manufacturing company ArmaLite. These were developed at the request of the US army as they wanted a replacement for the M-1 Garand.
- But soon in 1959, ArmaLite sold the rights to another gun-manufacturing company Colt due to financial difficulties and low manpower.
- These are among the most popular rifles in the US because as many as 5-10 million rifles exist in the US alone. Due to their tremendous popularity, the National Rifle Association described AR as “America’s Rifles”.
AR-15 rifles are the weapon of the choice of many newbies. If you want to own an AR-15 rifle, you may be confused between buying and building it.
So, in the following section, we’re going to discuss some pros and cons of building and buying an AR rifle and provide you a complete guide. We’re sure, this will help you make up your mind and clear your doubts.
Building an AR-15 rifle
The pros:No need to wait for a sale
- These rifles are highly customizable and hence, can be made by anyone at any time. Building a rifle will be far cheaper than buying it.
You can build it as you desire
- While building one, you already know, what kind of materials and parts will help you enhance your performance and provide you comfort. From picking a right barrel to selecting a perfect gas system, you can build a fine-tuned shooting machine from scratch.
You get an understanding of how it works
- Suppose, you buy one AR-15 rifle and after the end of its warranty period, it encounters some problems in the functioning. Now, you rush to a nearby gunsmith and let him treat it and then you pay him a good amount.
- But, if you build a rifle on your own, there’s no need of paying such extra expenses. You have a good understanding of its internal working because you were the one who assembled all the parts. You know how to troubleshoot the problem and correct it now that you are familiar with your rifle.
- Since you are the constructor of your own AR-15 rifle, there is no warranty available, if your rifle faces some problem.
Can be dangerous
- Sometimes, assembling the parts with vague knowledge can put you in a terrible situation. If you fix any part or material without considering proper measurements, these may dismantle during continuous shooting sessions and can cause you severe injuries.
- Though you don’t need to be a mechanically determined person to build a rifle, high diligence is required for building a well-functioned rifle.
Unavailability of all the parts
- Building a rifle is relatively economical but you may spend more than intended while buying different parts from different places. The expenses can cross your budget because finding all the parts at the same place is difficult.
Therefore, for building a perfect rifle, tackling all these cons becomes important. You need to locate a place, where you can find all the necessary parts at the same place, without compromising with quality.
Tactical Link has made it possible to build the rifle of your dreams. At Tactical Link, you’ll find all the parts you need, at one place. Here, you can find all necessary parts and accessories, like, upper and lower receivers, magazines, barrel, muzzle devices, flashlights, and more, all at a reasonable price. Quality is guaranteed and these parts will not cause any problem even after continuous use of the rifle.
Buying an AR-15 rifle
The pros:Ease of Purchase
- If you don’t want to go through all the hardships of building the rifle, just buy one. Go through the typical process of the background check and you’ll get to shoot the rifle, the same day.
- If you are about to buy your first rifle, you may want something suitable for a first-timer. You must approach for a basic off-the-shelf model so that you can understand the rifle’s normal functioning and then you can jump off to some high-level customizable rifles.
- You’ll come across plenty of rifles on searching and you can choose the one which you want.
- Manufacturer’s warranty
- Now that’s one big advantage you get by buying a rifle rather than building one. You don’t have to worry much about it. As long as it is under warranty period, the manufacturers will always be available to fix the problem. This will provide you a peace of mind which one rarely gets owning a self-built rifle.
- First of all, buying a rifle will definitely cost you more than building one.
- The second thing is, you have to pay for every upgrade you want to make.
Tactical Link’s Lantac Raven 14.5 Inch Mid Length AR15 Rifle is the best rifle you'll find on the internet. This rifle is professionally built and assembled by a trusted brand. You won’t experience any fault. This complete rifle has been shot tested for reliability and accuracy.
The decision to buy or build an AR-15 rifle is a personal one. We hope this guide helped you clear your doubts. If you want to buy a fully functional and complete rifle or need parts for building one, you’ll find all these and many more on our website. You can order the product of your interest and we will deliver it to you promptly.
For more information, kindly visit our website or contact our supportive executive, we’d be happy to assist you.